So many of my clients have tried various medicines, self-help books and other methods to alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression in their life before turning to massage therapy. With a planned massage therapy program, I've been able to work together to achieve a goal that once felt impossible.
Living with anxiety or depression is not only harmful to your mind but it is harmful to your body. Prolonged depression and anxiety can start affecting a person physically, leading to several physical issues and pains. For this reason, it is even more important to treat it at the right time and using the right method, one of which is massage therapy.
Massage therapy works naturally as an alternative to pharmaceuticals and nasty side effects. Massage has beneficial properties far beyond the reach of medicine:
• Massage treatment directly helps with the feelings of depression and anxiety. It increases your feelings of energy and helps alleviate your anxiety. It targets your physical symptoms which occur due to the tension in your body from anxiety.
• Another reason why massage therapy is so beneficial for curing anxiety and depression is because it reduces your cortisol levels. Cortisol is a hormone brought on by stress, which when reduced leads to reduction in heart rate, anxiety and the problem of increased blood pressure.
• Massage therapy or treatment can also affect the neurotransmitters found in your brain which leads to an increase in your serotonin and dopamine levels. This increase helps in the reduction of depression and a better overall feeling of contentment and happiness.
• Massage therapy increases your overall energy, restoring your confidence and decreasing a certain degree of anxiety and the feelings of depression.
• The combined effect of caring attention and focused hand massage treatment can lead to the shift in your brain signals to a more calm state, thus reducing your anxiousness and tension. The tactile stimulation also helps in treating the depression since it is known that humans are biologically programmed to respond to touch.
If you are living with the daily struggle of anxiety and depression, one of the best steps you can take is to find a licensed massage therapist that works well with you. In my practice, I work one on one with each of my clients to confidentially discuss any mental or physical issues I can directly address through massage.
I will develop a massage schedule that works for you and track your progress toward overcoming your anxiety and depression. So please call today and book your massage appointment.